Saturday, May 4, 2013

Webpage Design

My next blog is about Webpage Design. Visit this tutorial link to learn more on how to create a fabric textured web layout using Photoshop.

The webpage design that I followed from the tutorial is divided into 8 groups these are the header, navigation, featured area, portfolio, services, blog, footer, and copyright.

Header group is composed of the logo and the header background. The logo was made from this tutorial. I tried studying the Adobe Illustrator but it was unsuccessful that's why I decided to use Photoshop instead. I used layer style for the background and some different brushes to make some fine lines on the background. For the dotted line, I used the define pattern. Navigation group, I used text tool for the words, and layer style for the active tab. Featured group is composed of the button, image slider, navigation bullet and some text. I used layer style to some layers and used clipping mask for the image slider. Services group, this was the hardest layer that I made. I need to make a 3D room and spotlights to make it realistic. Portfolio group is composed of different kinds of images that I browsed through the internet. I made 15 boxes then I created clipping mask from each boxes. Blog group same thing what I did from the portfolio, I created clipping mask and some layer style. For the Footer group and Copyright group I just repeat what I did from my Header group. For the Twitter bird image I just look for it from the internet.

I learned a lot from this tutorial especially the uses of the layer style and other tools. Learned new things such as convert the layer to Smart Object and Create Clipping Mask. I enjoyed doing this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment